Try Sailing for Kids (7 - 10 years old) is about creating an opportunity in a fun and friendly environment for kids to give sailing a go.
Like many sports, parents are an integral part of the learning and development, they form a key link in the program and are involved from the outset.
Placements in the Try Sailing programs are limited so this is the perfect opportunity for Club, Sailor, and Parent to decide if sailors are ready to continue into the program.
- Water confident
- 7 – 10 years-old
- 10 – 12 hour course over 4 Saturdays during the Summer Season or as a School Holiday adventure.
All courses are run by qualified Australian Sailing Instructors.
- Weather introduction
- Learn how to set up your boat for sailing
- Understand points of sail to the wind
- Leaving and coming back to the beach
- Sailing in a straight line
- Tacking (turning the boat around)
For more information about the course, please email email@example.com